Monday, February 25, 2019

Grymm

Wednesday 13th Feb 2019 was something of an oddity. I had purchased a ticket to Allusinlove at the Komedia in Brighton with the sole reason of seeing the support band. Except I had misread the poster and they were not playing on this date. The night was off to a bad start. I wasn't interested in Allusinlove's particular brand of Psych-Rock Grunge or Mantra who I'd seen before and were the main support so it was down to the opening act - Brighton's Grymm - to impress.

They did. A 3 piece act with male vocals, and a guitar, bass, drums set up, they played a fusion of Post-Rock and Grunge with a hint of Prog-Rock in places and they warmed up the crowd nicely. After a solid set of around 6 tracks, none of which were filler, I resolved to investigate them further on returning home.

I found 6 tracks online - not the same songs they had played that night either - and was impressed by them for the second time. Looking at the release dates they appear to be growing stronger and stronger with each release.

I will definitely be keeping an eye of these folks and will look to catch them live again soon.

Recommended listening -
Br-Ea-The
Gravity
Dream Of You
Things You Hold
Jurassic

https://grymmband.bandcamp.com/

https://soundcloud.com/grymm2/tracks

No comments:

Post a Comment